Friday, August 7, 2009

Truth in Tow

I have this friend who seems to always have the right answer at the right time...just when I need it. She is a kindred-spirit, a life-giver... she is a woman who is ready in and out of season to offer hope with words, faith without fail, and who seems to have Truth in her pocket perfectly fit for any and every situation. I definitely want to be like her when I grow up.

She always pulls up an imaginative heaven-scene...a visual dictionary, if you will...that further aids in driving the truth to its destination and giving it a home. The gift of the great See-ers runs through her veins. And I am the blessed receiver.

Most of us are caught in a belief-web specifically designed for us by the Destroyer, the Deceiver, the Death-Weaver. The enemy of our souls spends all his energy and purpose trying to prevent us from understanding who we really are, what we were created for, and how we should be living. It produces everyday wreckage...and we call it normal. "This is just life, the way it is."

We have brilliant minds capable of comprehending what is possible, what should be. And yet...the thinking and the knowing are two very different things. The implementation escapes us somehow.

There are these "background singers" that really run the show inside of us if we are not carefully conscious and fully aware of our Being. We, living in the spotlight of our lives, can be singing of greatness and continuous lovedrifts...while these subtle show-stealers get the best of us. And most of the time their steering goes unquestioned while we lay down in submission to... less -than -desirable life circumstances that present themselves as if in answer to the "song of the subconscious."

No one is immune to this. We are a cracked and fragmented lot of humanity in need of a Savior... in need of Truth to invade our inmost being and multiply itself exponentially until every last fire-lie is extinguished.

So I'm revealing a bit of mixed-up history to my sweet friend a few days ago. I'm unpacking my pain and a few bitter remnants for show in hopes of some healing. And she says, "So...we need the Truth to cover the Untruth that you've been living...and then you can get to the Goods." I could never recount how many times I've been at this intersection. It is the Cross in real life, in slow motion, and with heavy traffic all at the same time. And each time I pass this way, I am an amateur driver with slow reaction-time and very little re-call of former lessons. I need to be reminded once again that Truth covers Lie like "paper covers rock." God wins. It's as if I'm a child again trying to grasp a new concept, just trying to learn my spiritual abc's.

And I think that makes perfect sense. Returning to the child-like place where the heart readily receives WHATEVER it is given... seems the ONLY way to recreate a life.

The "background singers" get replaced. And if they try to echo a refrain in the distance, it cannot be heard above the angels singing for joy. I can LIVE in the light... where the truth has been branded on my soul like a tattoo. It becomes my life-message. With or without words, I carry Truth in Tow and the very essence of Christ going before and following behind me.

No comments: