Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Retroactive Grace


Tell God what you need and thank Him for what He has already done...on your behalf...covering every perceived deficit. Retroactive grace.

I started writing a song last night while waiting for children to finish up at an acting class. Just a prayer declaration coming up a song..."I will not worry, no I will not worry, no I will not worry at all..." Unfinished, of course, and simply true. This has become the Way for me.

I've spent more of my life worrying than I have living. Worried about what people think of me, about where the money comes from, about how to be on the outside all that I feel on the inside, how to get it all right. Worried about how to love myself, how to keep everyone happy, what to make for dinner, how to be a friend. How to be whole, how to write a song...

I can rattle these things off so fast. And I could keep them coming. But it's not worth it.

Because...THERE IS NO LACK IN ME... BECAUSE THERE IS NO LACK IN CHRIST.

I LOVE how He paid for it all. I LOVE that I don't have to worry. I love that He's taking away the propensity. I LOVE the surety that I am discovering deep down inside of HIM.

If ever I start to be concerned about anything...I immerse myself in the complex simplicity of retroactive grace...God's ways are undiscoverable. But His riches are mine...body, soul, and spirit. He is the Beginning and the End. And everything in between.

I am COVERED in every moment and in every way. Hallelujah-backflip!

(And that is a monkey in that picture above)

1 comment:

Christ Fellowship said...

Absolutely, gloriously, back flippingly true.