Sunday, December 6, 2009

Timeless Christmas Cheering Section


(from the archives...and just for YOU)



The brightest STAR in the heavens fell to the earth over two thousand years ago.


I wish I could've been there to CATCH IT...

to hold in my hands the G-L-O-R-Y of God that had fallen to fill our darkened world with LIGHT...

and to grace us with its illuminating Presence.

BUT I WAS NOT YET BORN.



It's beauty was beheld by all who had eyes to see its [value], and the lives of those who looked upon this WONDER OF THE WORLD were forever changed.

It was a sacred star, and though it faded out of sight for a brief moment in history...

it was destined to RISE AGAIN, return to the sky, and take its rightful place in the universe.

And so it did.



The story of its falling and rising has been told for centuries...

and those who have ears to hear come to understand the M-I-R-A-C-L-E of its significance.

For me, this moment of truth came when this very same STAR fell into my heart and touched my e.x.p.e.r.i.e.n.c.e.

At ONCE, I realized that these hands of FLESH could never grasp such a mystery...

but my SPIRIT caught it's essence...

AND I WAS BORN.



As I stare at the STAR on the top of my tree this Christ-mas, I am deeply reminded of the REAL LIFE that I have been given in Christ...

and the high calling to GIVE IT AWAY.

It is my privilege to share it with you, my friends, and to bless you with all the Goodness, Hope, Healing, Peace, Beauty, Faithfulness, Redemption, Passion for Life, Freedom, Joy, and LOVE...that Jesus has to offer.



MERRY CHRISTMAS & MAY GOD BLESS YOUR NEW YEAR!

No comments: