Saturday, April 20, 2013

Peace Continuum



As the world swirls 'round,  I am caught in the tiny center of this storm.  The evidence of evil is everywhere, even on the inside, it's footprints threaten to multiply.  But there is this one heaven-spot.  Right in the middle of everything-gone-wild.  And I remember...in an instant...

Divine peace.

Like a literal dove inside of my heart,  warming up it's wings, winding for freedom-flight, madly, deeply, passionately representing.  Whenever I hear the echoes of chaos, my soul surrenders to this precious sound...the sound of flying.  That signal-dove reminds me (right.in.the middle.of.myself) that no matter what...peace is stronger.  It trumps the turmoil.  It by-passes the mind.  It allows me to rise above the wreckage and cling to nothing too tightly but:  love of God and everything that He holds dear.

This wing-song is a reminder that the PEACE that Jesus made at the cross is the umpire of my soul...it calls all the shots.  And God's presence is nearer now than even a moment ago in this PEACE CONTINUUM.

I love that He is the heartbeat of my hope, and the whole of my duty here is...

to love and to be loved,

to know and be known,



FOREVER.
(And how!)







No comments: